View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Selling plater

Post newbie
just wondering if there is a newbie guide out there

Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:10 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: newbie
Probably easier to just ask some questions in here.
Just let us know how you're playing the game - owner/trainer - trainer only or jockey mode and hit us up with your questions :-)

Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:27 pm
Handicapper

Hey Gaz! :D

I found these forums a great resource for learning about racing, breeding, and everything else I've needed in the game. Very knowledgeable group who are more than happy to share. Ask and ye shall receive!

Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:15 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Ask and thou shall receive access to the well of knowledge my good sir

Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:56 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

ChrisOrmie wrote:
Hey Gaz! :D

I found these forums a great resource for learning about racing, breeding, and everything else I've needed in the game. Very knowledgeable group who are more than happy to share. Ask and ye shall receive!

Try watching this guys you tube vids they might help a little :)
good to see you Chris m8

Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:01 pm
Selling plater

Just struggle to get started and make money always seem to end up with rubbish horses to start

Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:09 pm
Group 1 winner

gazdadude wrote:
Just struggle to get started and make money always seem to end up with rubbish horses to start

Yeah man - I can't speak for others but I had quite a few goes before a game stuck

It's all about the bank! click on this link and read my posts to give you an idea on how to get up and running viewtopic.php?f=19&t=16219

Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:00 am
Selling plater

thank you how do you go about evaluating horses and choosing races

Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:15 pm
Handicapper

gazdadude wrote:
thank you how do you go about evaluating horses and choosing races

Are you playing flat or jumps?

Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:55 pm
Selling plater

flats

Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:42 pm
Group 1 winner

gazdadude wrote:
flats

What country are you playing in?

Probably the easiest way to guide you with is to check out your individual horse rating.
If your horse is rated 87 for example then best to start it in a 0-90 rated race....maybe 0-95 but I wouldn't go higher.
Just keep your horses to their rating races so you can get your best chance to build some money into your bank.
Once you get a horse rated 98 to 110 - start them in Listed races.....personally I wouldn't worry about handicap races that are rated 100 and above.
Once you get a good Listed horse try it out in a G3 race or even better a G3 handicap race.

Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:56 am
Handicapper

gazdadude wrote:
flats

Probably the two most important basic things:

DISTANCE:
First you need to know what distance your horse would prefer. This can be a bit of trial and error, but your jockey feedback will tell you if the horse wants further/shorter or not. At the start use your Breeding Indicator distance as a guide and then your jockey feedback if the Breeding Distance isn't working.

The horse's stamina bar might be an indicator - IF the Distance Adaptability ability is decent. If the Stamina bar is at 100%, your horse could race over 2m4f. If it's 50%, I'd usually say that's 1m2f. 10% is probably 5f or 6f. However, I've sometimes found that a horse has no Distance Adaptability rating, so despite having buckets of stamina, couldn't race effectively not at their Breeding Distance.

CLASS:
Maidens - for horses yet to win.
Handicaps - each horse carries a certain amount of weight depending on their rating. The more highly rated you are, the more weight you'd have to carry
Conditions - horses race off level weights, but these tend to be pretty poorly contested as prize money isn't great
Listed - for horses that are too good to be racing in handicap races but not ready for Group races.
Group - Groups 3, 2, 1. The best of the best. Group 1 is the best horses, Group 2 is slightly down from that and Group 3 is slightly down from that.

Personally, I tend to progress my horses steadily. Starting with a maiden, then a handicap or conditions race. If they're winning, then I'll go to Listed and to Group races. Every now and then you'll have a horse who is the absolute business and you could go straight to Group races with. Again, your jockey will tell you if the horse is out-classed or needs to race in a higher class.

Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:09 pm
Selling plater

thank you

Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:08 pm
Selling plater

Degaussed wrote:
gazdadude wrote:
flats

Probably the two most important basic things:

DISTANCE:
First you need to know what distance your horse would prefer. This can be a bit of trial and error, but your jockey feedback will tell you if the horse wants further/shorter or not. At the start use your Breeding Indicator distance as a guide and then your jockey feedback if the Breeding Distance isn't working.

The horse's stamina bar might be an indicator - IF the Distance Adaptability ability is decent. If the Stamina bar is at 100%, your horse could race over 2m4f. If it's 50%, I'd usually say that's 1m2f. 10% is probably 5f or 6f. However, I've in addition to the best trotting odds, you get free tips and strategies to increase your bankroll sometimes found that a horse has no Distance Adaptability rating, so despite having buckets of stamina, couldn't race effectively not at their Breeding Distance.

CLASS:
Maidens - for horses yet to win.
Handicaps - each horse carries a certain amount of weight depending on their rating. The more highly rated you are, the more weight you'd have to carry
Conditions - horses race off level weights, but these tend to be pretty poorly contested as prize money isn't great
Listed - for horses that are too good to be racing in handicap races but not ready for Group races.
Group - Groups 3, 2, 1. The best of the best. Group 1 is the best horses, Group 2 is slightly down from that and Group 3 is slightly down from that.

Personally, I tend to progress my horses steadily. Starting with a maiden, then a handicap or conditions race. If they're winning, then I'll go to Listed and to Group races. Every now and then you'll have a horse who is the absolute business and you could go straight to Group races with. Again, your jockey will tell you if the horse is out-classed or needs to race in a higher class.

Overall good points, thanks a lot :)

Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]